Entries open to traditional cider and perry producers from Scotland, Northern England, Northern Ireland and the Isle Of Man.
Full details of the competition guidelines/procedures are available online on the cider section of the main CAMRA website at www.camra.org.uk/cider
Winners of the regional competitions will go on to compete in the CAMRA National Cider & Perry Championships for which the judging takes place at the Reading festival the following May.
CAMRA North UK Cider and Perry Competition 2015 Results
- La Cantina – Moody Blues (West Yorkshire)
- Ampleforth Abbey – Ampleforth Abbey Premium Cider (North Yorkshire)
- Madhatters – Farting Dog (Greater Manchester)
Red Bank Cider – Autumn Orchard (Greater Manchester)
Madhatters and Red Bank Cider placed joint third.
- La Cantina – Yesterdays Dreams (West Yorkshire)
- Waulkmill – Mooseheid Perry (Dumfries and Galloway)
- Solway Cider – Mountain View Perry (Cumbria)
All of the cider and perry from the qualifying regions that is available at the festival was entered into the competition with the following exceptions;
- Hedgehogger – Last Years Press – Not delivered
- Red Bank Cider – Strawberry Real Cider and Blueberry Real Cider
2015 Competition Entries
Invitations were sent to all cider producers in the qualifying regions. The deadline for receipt of entries was 31st March 2015.
The entries received by the closing date for the 2015 competition include 18 ciders and 4 perries.
The producers are based in the following counties; Cheshire, County Durham, Cumbria, Dumfries and Galloway, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Lothian, Northumberland, North Yorkshire and West Yorkshire.
Judging for the competition takes place on Friday 26th June 2015.
The results will be announced after the judging.
Results for last year’s competition are below.
CAMRA North UK Cider and Perry Competition 2014 Results
- Pure North Deanhouse Dry Cider (West Yorkshire)
- Ampleforth Abbey Medium Cider (North Yorkshire)
- Manx Cider Co. Jimmie Kickstart Cider (Isle Of Man)
- Waulkmill Perry (Scotland)
- Red Bank Crackin’ Pear Perry (Greater Manchester)
Please note only two entries were received for this competition, however the Red Bank Perry was also the fastest selling of any cider or perry at the festival – unfortunately running out well before the end of Friday’s session.
Cider of the Festival 2014
Manx Cider Co. “Jimmie Kickstart”
Perry of the Festival 2014
Red Bank “Crackin’ Pear Perry”
For more information on real cider and perry in Manchester and the surrounding area please visit the Cider section of the Greater Manchester CAMRA website.